Introduction (Week 2)

Writing has always been such an important part of who I was. Since I could remember, I've always been writing about poetry, heartbreaks, lyrics to songs, and sometimes it's even just writing the name of the same boy over and over again my notebook during high school. Over the course of the years, writing has just implemented itself into the core of who I am and what I can be. When we write, we can become anyone we desire and create a life completely different than the one that has been given to us. That's the beauty of the written word, and it constantly gives us the greatest motivation to keep on going, to keep living, to educate those on the beauty of a heartbreak because it too is apart of the wonderful life of living. When I was 13 years old, my parents made the hard decision of giving me up to another family member to deal with their own demons. I was given little to no food and remember one day I was given one single Big Mac burger to split between the entire week. One single burger that I had to save, so I decided to grab a pen and paper and write about how that one single bread was like Alice in Wonderland's magic bread she got from the caterpillar. It could shrink me down so small that my burger could fill me up all 7 days. My imagination grew and grew when I was in such an abusive childhood because as a child I didn't understand the hurt, so it made me creative. My thoughts ran wild and I promised myself to see the light at the end of the tunnel when this all ended. My mom finally wanted me home 3 years later, 3 years of pain. 3 years of stealing, eating table scraps, of running away from home to stay with strangers. 3 years of unknown dangers that could've happened - but thankfully didn't. Writing saved me, and ultimately helped fix all the pain and anger. After my mom took me in, I then again became an unwanted child. All my life I was given to this person then that person, but I've always kept a book. A book to help ease my pain and ultimately my writing led me to share stories about travels, life, and I tutored minorities that needed a better English education. I was able to hold onto some hope at the time I needed it most. This is my first story - but definitely not my last.