Coco wins my heart (Week 3)

After reading one of the contexts of "Loveability", it really made me think of all the movies I've watched that got my imagination rolling.

Have you ever watched a movie so touching, that you literally dream dreams of it?
Yeah, me neither until the very first movie I've cried to, "Up". Just when I thought Disney could no longer top it, it comes pushing further with its popular Day of the Dead title "Coco". It in a way has aspects of fantasy mixed in with how we deal with restrictions and the loss of loved ones. I think the most emotional aspect for me is that the main character, Coco had grew up without a father - thinking he abandoned her for majority of her life. In reality he literally died trying to get home to her. All his life seemingly had been a tragedy, which it definitely makes anyone else's life seem like a walk in the park. What happens when your beloved protagonist happens to be the one who was searching for a way back home all along?

Life always isn't fair. I think the movie Coco shows that in all different elements and aspects - and one of them being the main character loves the antagonist to start. He doesn't realize who the antagonist really is and is indulged in a falsified image he had created for himself. I think this can also be similar to how we are in our world, selfish, cruel, and lies come easier than they did in the past. We live in what we hope to be and imagine what we think is good for us, but in reality... maybe it takes going on a journey with the dead to truly find ourselves. The fact is none of us are truly lovable and all of us have this evil devil sitting on our shoulder with our angel slowly being pushed further and further back. That our creativity is derived from someone else's idea and it's not a full expression of who we are when we're plagiarizing without even knowing it! Art and life come hand in hand to express who we really are - we all want to be the most inspirational character, but that will come once we truly learn to express ourselves through our own lens.

Comments