My Love Story [WEEK 7]


It's Cinco de Mayo, and this marks the anniversary of me and my boyfriend.
We've been together for 2 years and it honestly seems like much longer than that - after reading the chapter "Your Love Story" from Robert Holden's "Loveability", it reminded me to constantly be thankful because there are 7 billion picky people in the universe and not all of them would ever love me the way he could. It's so funny because Holden says "The basic truth is that you are loved and wholly loveable", yet my entire existence I've never truly felt blessed by love until realizing that love wasn't a time and place or even person. Love was unconditionally given - to our dogs, to our friends, to our family, and to my boyfriend. This weeks post is dedicated to him as he has been my immense supporter. I thought about giving up on life many times over. As a girl who works in clinical research and deals with mental subjects, I've been in a dark place before too. I've struggled with accepting who I am and what I am capable of. It's been hard when you've lived your life as your own sole supporter and biggest fan, but now that I have someone it feels less lonely. I feel like my life has more purpose and even if it's just dedicated to supporting another - that is more than enough purpose to try to be better than who I was. What is a world without change?
As I struggle to look back to the person I was, I am thankful time and time again that I am willing to continue working and continue struggling. That I have not fully given up hope because what is life without a fight?

I am here and I am worth it. The person who I've become deserves to be fought for and I am loveable... now repeat that after me.

Comments